Citisun Content Policy for Contributing Authors
Citisun is a service for communication, self-expression and information sharing. We believe Citisun increases the availability of quality information, encourages healthy debate, and makes possible new connections between people. It is our belief that censoring this content is contrary to a service that bases itself on freedom of expression; that said, we have limits.
So, in order to uphold these values, we need to curb abuses that threaten our ability to provide this service and the freedom of expression it encourages. As a result, there are some boundaries on the type of content that can be hosted with Citisun. The boundaries we’ve defined are those that both comply with legal requirements and that serve to enhance the service as a whole.
If you encounter a blog that you believe violates our policies, please report it to us. You can still report abuse in the Citisun Help Center.
Our content policies play an important role in maintaining a positive experience for you, the members of the Citisun Nation. Please respect these guidelines. From time to time, we may change our content policies so please check back here. Also, please note that when applying the policies below, we may make exceptions based on artistic, educational, documentary, or scientific considerations or where there are other substantial benefits to the public from not taking action on the content.
- Adult Content: We do NOT allow adult content on Citisun. This means images, videos or any content that contains nudity or sexual activity.
- Do not use Citisun as a way to make money on adult content. For example, don’t create blogs that contain ads for or links to commercial porn sites.
- We do not allow illegal sexual content, including image, video or textual content that depicts or encourages rape, incest, bestiality, or necrophilia.
- Do not post or distribute private nude or sexually explicit images or videos without the subject’s consent. If someone has posted a private nude or sexually explicit image or video of you, please report it to us.
- Child safety: We have a zero-tolerance policy towards content that exploits children. Some examples of this include: Child sexual abuse imagery: We will terminate the accounts of any user we find publishing or distributing child sexual abuse imagery. We will also report that user to law enforcement.
- Pedophilia: We do not allow content that encourages or promotes sexual attraction towards children. For example, do not create blogs with galleries of images of children where the collection of images or text accompanying the images is sexually suggestive, and do not publish content of a sexual nature involving an underage participant.
- Hate Speech: Citisun is here for free expression, but we don’t support content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity, or whose primary purpose is inciting hatred on the basis of these core characteristics. This can be a delicate balancing act, but if the primary purpose is to attack a protected group, the content crosses the line.
- Crude Content: Don’t post content just to be shocking or graphic. For example, collections of close-up images of gunshot wounds or accident scenes without additional context or commentary would violate this policy. Violence: Don’t threaten other people on your blog. For example, don’t post death threats against another person or group of people and don’t post content encouraging your readers to take violent action against another person or group of people.
- Harassment: Do not harass or bully others. Anyone using Citisun to harass or bully may have the offending content removed or be permanently banned from the site. Online harassment is also illegal in many places, and can have serious offline consequences.
- Copyright / Intellectual Property: It is our policy to respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. Please don’t provide links to sites where your readers can obtain unauthorized downloads of other people’s content.
- Personal and confidential information: It’s not ok to publish another person’s personal and confidential information. For example, don’t post someone else’s credit card numbers, Social Security numbers, unlisted phone numbers, and driver’s license numbers. Also, please keep in mind that in most cases, information that is already available elsewhere on the Internet or in public records is not considered to be private or confidential under our policies.
- Impersonating Others: Please don’t mislead or confuse readers by pretending to be someone else or pretending to represent an organization when you don’t. We’re not saying you can’t publish parody or satire – just avoid content that is likely to mislead readers about your true identity.
- Illegal Activities: Do not use Citisun to engage in illegal activities or to promote dangerous and illegal activities. For example, don’t author a blog encouraging people to drink and drive. Please also do not use Citisun to sell or promote illegal drugs. Otherwise, we may delete your content. Also, in serious cases such as those involving the abuse of children, we may report you to the appropriate authorities.
- Regulated Goods and Services: Do not use Citisun to sell or facilitate the sale of regulated goods and services, such as alcohol, gambling, pharmaceuticals and unapproved supplements, tobacco, fireworks, weapons, or health/medical devices.
- Spam: Spam takes several forms in Citisun, all of which can result in deletion of your account or blog. Some examples include creating blogs designed to drive traffic to your site or to move it up in search listings, posting comments on other people’s blogs just to promote your site or product, and scraping existing content from other sources for the primary purpose of generating revenue or other personal gains.
- Malware and Viruses: Do not create contents that transmit viruses, cause pop-ups, attempt to install software without the reader’s consent, or otherwise impact readers with malicious code. This is strictly forbidden on Citisun.
Enforcement of Citisun’s Content Policy
Please report suspected policy violations to us using the ‘Report Abuse’ link.
Our Citisun team reviews user flags for policy violations. If the blog/content not violate our policies, we will not take any action against the blog or blog owner. If we find that a blog does violate our content policies, we take one or more of the following actions based on the severity of the violation:
- Warn the contributing author
- Put the blog behind an interstitial where only the contributing author can access the content
- Delete the offending content, blog post or blog
- Disable the contributing author’s access to his/her Citisun account
- Disable the author’s access to his/her Google account
- Report the user to law enforcement
We may also take any of the above actions if we find that a user has created multiple blogs engaging in repeated abusive behavior. In other words, if you have had a blog disabled, do not create a replacement blog that engages in similar activity.