Could God be using Trump – or any of us, for that matter– as a modern-day Saint Paul? We are all called by God to see the light. A friend of mine recently said, “Sometimes, God chooses wicked people to do good things.” I agree, and would ask “sometimes?” Perhaps, all the time.
Photo credit: The Independent
If someone asks you what President Trump has done for this country while in office, show them this (as of March 9, 2020):
- Trump recently signed 3 bills to benefit Native people. One gives compensation to the Spokane tribe for loss of their lands in the mid-1900s, one funds Native language programs, and the third gives federal recognition to the Little Shell Tribe of Chippewa Indians in Montana.
- This month Trump finalized the creation of Space Force as our 6th Military branch.
- This month Trump signed a law to make cruelty to animals a federal felony so that animal abusers face tougher consequences.
- Violent crime has fallen every year he’s been in office after rising during the 2 years before he was elected.
- Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
- More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
- We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
- Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
- Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
Photo: Carolyn Kaster/AP
President Trump issued Executive Order #13876 today, establishing a roadmap toward transparency in the American healthcare system. See the EO, along with video of the news conference below.
Executive Order on Improving Price and Quality Transparency in American Healthcare to Put Patients First
Issued on: June 24, 2019
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:
Section 1. Purpose. My Administration seeks to enhance the ability of patients to choose the healthcare that is best for them. To make fully informed decisions about their healthcare, patients must know the price and quality of a good or service in advance. With the predominant role that third-party payers and Government programs play in the American healthcare system, however, patients often lack both access to useful price and quality information and the incentives to find low-cost, high-quality care. Opaque pricing structures may benefit powerful special interest groups, such as large hospital systems and insurance companies, but they generally leave patients and taxpayers worse off than would a more transparent system.
Edited by John Coonen – In a lengthy Saturday address in Gettysburg, PA, Donald Trump laid out a seven point plan to “drain the swamp” inWashington, DC, and revitalize the American economy. Trump pledged that in his first 100 days in office, he will restore “honesty, accountability and change to Washington” through the following steps:
By Cruxnow – ROME: Reacting to widespread media coverage of a perceived war of words on Thursday between Pope Francis and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, a Vatican spokesman on Friday insisted the pope’s comments — that someone who would build a border wall is not Christian — were not a personal attack.
“The pope said what we all know when we follow his teaching and his positions: that we should not build walls, but bridges,” the Rev. Federico Lombardi said to Vatican Radio. “It is not a specific issue, limited to this case,” he said.
Trump Wins South Carolina Primary, Followed By Rubio & Cruz. Bush Bows Out.
Donald Trump took the winner's spot in South Carolina's GOP primary, after a rocky week on the campaign trail. He continued to touch the nerves of voters in South Carolina, with blistering rhetoric about combating terrorism, ending illegal immigration, and a less than presidentialretort to Pope Francis.
I read this CNN headline, and it perplexed me. So, I looked up the actual interview between the Pope and reporters. Here is the quote, from Pope Francis on February 18th, 2016: