Trump administration is empowering patients with secure access to their medical data to drive efficient, affordable and high-quality health care.
Photo credit: The Independent
If someone asks you what President Trump has done for this country while in office, show them this (as of March 9, 2020):
- Trump recently signed 3 bills to benefit Native people. One gives compensation to the Spokane tribe for loss of their lands in the mid-1900s, one funds Native language programs, and the third gives federal recognition to the Little Shell Tribe of Chippewa Indians in Montana.
- This month Trump finalized the creation of Space Force as our 6th Military branch.
- This month Trump signed a law to make cruelty to animals a federal felony so that animal abusers face tougher consequences.
- Violent crime has fallen every year he’s been in office after rising during the 2 years before he was elected.
By Cruxnow – ROME: Reacting to widespread media coverage of a perceived war of words on Thursday between Pope Francis and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, a Vatican spokesman on Friday insisted the pope’s comments — that someone who would build a border wall is not Christian — were not a personal attack.
“The pope said what we all know when we follow his teaching and his positions: that we should not build walls, but bridges,” the Rev. Federico Lombardi said to Vatican Radio. “It is not a specific issue, limited to this case,” he said.
- Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
- More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
- We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
- Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
- Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
Photo: Carolyn Kaster/AP
President Trump issued Executive Order #13876 today, establishing a roadmap toward transparency in the American healthcare system. See the EO, along with video of the news conference below.
Executive Order on Improving Price and Quality Transparency in American Healthcare to Put Patients First
Issued on: June 24, 2019
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:
Section 1. Purpose. My Administration seeks to enhance the ability of patients to choose the healthcare that is best for them. To make fully informed decisions about their healthcare, patients must know the price and quality of a good or service in advance. With the predominant role that third-party payers and Government programs play in the American healthcare system, however, patients often lack both access to useful price and quality information and the incentives to find low-cost, high-quality care. Opaque pricing structures may benefit powerful special interest groups, such as large hospital systems and insurance companies, but they generally leave patients and taxpayers worse off than would a more transparent system.